Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Reef Fishes
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/23/2016, 02:39 PM   #1
Cjx0r
Registered Member

Feeding my Golby

I have a sandsifter golby that I got with a pistol shrimp as a pair as well as a clownfish on the same day.

They all seemed to be doing great at first, could barely ever see the shrimp tbh.

Unfortunately, my problem is that I seemingly can't feed the golby properly. He's always hiding, always running, always never around. When I try to feed him when I see him, he runs and I don't see him for hours. If I leave food outside of his hole, it just sits there until it starts decaying.

I'm actually having ammonia problems atm due to all the food I can't get the golby to eat, and now he's starting to chase the clownfish occasionally which I assume is because he's hungry.

My question is, how do I get him to eat? What should I try feeding him? Are there foods I can leave out that he will find appetizing if he came upon it hours later? Am I not doing him any favors like this?

Cjx0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/23/2016, 03:52 PM   #2
CoralNerd
Registered Member

Have you tried sinking pellets?
How long have you had him?
I wouldn't worry about the clown fish, there tough.
You better do a water change to deal with the ammonia. Dosing bacteria would be a good idea also. I recommend Dr. Tim's One & Only Live Nitrifying Bacteria

Last edited by CoralNerd; 05/23/2016 at 03:59 PM.
CoralNerd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feeding, golby, problems