Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/28/2018, 03:09 AM   #1
ReefSultan
Registered Member

First Day 110x60x50 cm

Hi All,

My first experience Fresh tank start and dry rock dry sand.(SPS only)
I started filling tank and half of sump left to be filled

Tonight I will be adding salt to my tank and add bacteria and wait for cycle.
I a little worry about the height of the bridge in my DT, is it so high? I can't change again as really tired.

I want to have parasite free system and I can wait tank get mature while I do QT process.(76 days) but of course I do not want to wait more if there is possibility to do some processes parallel/together.I have a some questions:
1) After cycle finished may I add corals and cleaning crew to DT and wait 76 days while these are in my tank and in parallel I can do QT for fish in separate QT Tank? Idea is corals and crew will have QT in the DT tank while there is no fish.
2)I will be using AF nitrifying bacteria + Component123 dosing without any fish after cycle when I add cleaning crew as there will nto be fish for long time will I loose bacteria population as there is no Ammonia source , probably I will use AF bacteria products that will feed bacteria but I am confused.

Here are some photos of my setup and any comments very welcome. I worry also about the height of the bridge in my aqua space?

Thank you for your comments/help

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7703.jpg (83.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7701.jpg (81.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7699.jpg (92.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7698.jpg (85.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 20180528_062238319_iOS.jpg (87.1 KB, 12 views)
ReefSultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/28/2018, 05:31 AM   #2
DancingShark
Registered Member

I love your aquascape and set up.

1)I guess you can do that at least with the inverts. The corals I would be worried if you get a acrapora eating flat worm in there. I never dealt with them but they are enough to shut down a tank. You can dip the corals but still I would want a observation period.

2)I never used any of these products. You can just ghost feed the tank. Feed the cuc that will be in there. You will still have to add the fish slowly for your bacteria to catchup yo their bioload.

Last edited by DancingShark; 05/28/2018 at 05:44 AM.
DancingShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/28/2018, 05:55 AM   #3
ReefSultan
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancingShark View Post
I love your aquascape and set up.

1)I guess you can do that at least with the inverts. The corals I would be worried if you get a acrapora eating flat worm in there. I never dealt with them but they are enough to shut down a tank. You can dip the corals but still I would want a observation period.

2)I never used any of these products. You can just ghost feed the tank. Feed the cuc that will be in there. You will still have to add the fish slowly for your bacteria to catchup yo their bioload.
Thank you for answer. You are right about the QT for corals however to be realistic within the tempo of my life I can't do both QT for Corals and Fish. I believe I will cut the frag plugs, Dip them and observe if anything i can see for a while and put them in tank.And wait 76 days at least will be parasite free but no guarantee for pests from corals.

Will go ahead with fish QT anyway and at least tank will be free of parasites.
And cross fingers for pests

Unread 05/28/2018, 06:04 AM   #4
DancingShark
Registered Member

In that case use a magnifying glass and carefully inspect your corals after dipping them. Flat worms you will be easier to see others not so much.

DancingShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/28/2018, 06:06 AM   #5
ReefSultan
Registered Member

You are right, problem is the eggs! Would love to find away to kill the eggs while diping but not avaliable