Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Aquaforest
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/15/2017, 10:42 AM   #1
paal
Registered Member

Probiotic salt without any other AF products.

Every now and then I come across "random posts" were someone will say that the Aquaforest probiotic salt is only worth using if also combined with other AF-products.
Is there any truth to this?

Wouldn't the proB-salt be useful on it's own, simply as an easy way to lower phosphates and nitrates?

paal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/15/2017, 11:11 AM   #2
Anirban
Registered Member

Ok lets try to be case specific....there can be many possibilities

In case of a tank where you only do water change to maintain the chemical balance use of Probiotic salt is good enough. As it will replenish everything.

On the other hand if you need to dose the tank in between water changes then why not dose it with other AF products which will do a full mineral replenishment instead of just Ca, Mg and Alk.

As far the probiotics concerned they will be replenished by water changes. So the system can work with or without other AF stuffs depending on the system needs.

Anirban is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/16/2017, 01:56 PM   #3
paal
Registered Member

Thanks for the reply, Anirban.

In my case, I have been using the probiotic salt from day 1 since starting my new 100g tank about 7 months ago. (7% weekly water change)

I have only a few "test sps frags", so no dosing has been required. In the last month or so, they have started growing, so I guess I will start with comp123 soon. (already bought and connected to dosing pump; just waiting for that alk to show signs of dropping and I will start )

I have not planned to be using any of the other AF-products (or any other products from other companies for that matter)

paal is offline   Reply With Quote