Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/23/2015, 05:24 PM   #1
turbo2oh
Registered Member

some sps bleaching other browning

So I hadn't really looked at the tank in the past few days and immediately noticed some of my monti's are partially bleached. Another acro at the same height is browning. I have a few others that have their polyps retracted. Everything else seems ok including RBTA, fish, inverts. The only change I had made was adjusting my LEDs to be about 5% brighter for most of the day. I also started using a formula one food instead of the normal mysis.

Could that have caused this amount of damage?
Why would some be browning and others bleaching?

I've checked SG and it looks good. I'll test other params shortly. I also started filling a RODI container for a water change hopefully tomorrow. I also stopped the GFO reactor but its been running for awhile and I still have good macro growth so I doubt thats it. Any ideas on what might be going on?

Last edited by turbo2oh; 11/23/2015 at 05:38 PM.
turbo2oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/23/2015, 05:56 PM   #2
turbo2oh
Registered Member

Here's a few before and after photos. The before are with the DSLR and the afters I just took with my phone but you can still see difference in the acro at the top and the montis.

Before:

After:

Unread 03/31/2017, 09:01 PM   #3
m1923
Registered Member

I have encountered the same problem,have u tested no3 and po4

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

m1923 is offline   Reply With Quote