Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > The Reef Chemistry Forum
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/26/2017, 05:03 PM   #26
Khazmodain
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightmadman View Post
I'm going to look for another test kit. I just don't want to spend so much $ on one LOL
Anyone have a used kit that's better then API?
Hanna's digital checker is the way to go. Seems expensive upfront but the fact that you only need to buy reagents in the future helps justify the cost. I swear my eyes are just not capable of differentiating the colors at the low end of the range.

Khazmodain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/26/2017, 06:29 PM   #27
ReeferNtraining
Registered Member

Yes, Crawler, that Hannah Checker is my next purchase this weekend. I have been using the bagged Chemi-Pure Elite since shortly after i added my fish. I've never been able to get to .25 (at least not while using the API kit). I even pulled juice out of my skimmer cup this morning and tested it next to tank water. Still no difference in color in the test tubes. I find that highly suspect...