Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/17/2010, 05:23 PM   #1
Spazdad
Registered Member

Some Weird White Spores Showing UP???

I have a fairly new tank.. My parameters are all okay.. I used dead rock that i "aged" for 3 months in my basement with a refugium attached.. Everything was fine and none of this showed up...

I recently picked up a live rock with a dieing toadstool last week.. It was later removed, but while watching the toadstool die, hoping that it would recover i noticed small white sticks in patches with hairs surrounding them.. this is what they look like.

I have removed every piece of rock/decoration from the tank that i can with out dismantling my tank..Washed it and is drying in the basement, some is still in the tank, i will try and remove it with a brush,

If i could get any help i would appreciate it, Is it bad, okay, will go away, how to get rid of it would be great thanks in advance.

My tank is a 180 with 30gal sump and 30gal refugium, with 3 250w halides, brand new bulbs and only 2 fish,
I have multiple corals all are doing well as well as my 3" crocea clam.

Spazdad is offline   Reply With Quote