Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/06/2016, 11:13 AM   #1
PirateLove
Registered Member

Should I dip a whole rock in Revive?

I have a very cool rock that is covered in GSP that I want to transfer to my display tank. The tank it is in currently has a small patch of hair algae at the top on the powerhead but I do not see any on the rock. Should I dip it anyways? It has a lot of cool life on it; small feather dusters, red and purple coraline, snails, etc that I do not want to kill. Should I just transfer it??

Thanks

Current tank: Cad Lights 42 versa. Kessil AP700. Some Sps and Lps.
PirateLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/06/2016, 11:19 AM   #2
scooter31707
Registered Member

If you dip the rock in Revive, any inverts, featherdusters, and bacteria will be killed off. If possible, you can setup a small holding tank for it, to be on the safe side.

scooter31707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/06/2016, 12:09 PM   #3
thegrun
Registered Member

Revive will kill some of the organisms you listed but will not harm the algae, so if algae control s why you are going to dip it I would say no. However in my opinion ALL corals should be dipped before bringing them into your display tank. Even dipping will not guarantee no unwanted pests get into your tank as some eggs will survive dips, so quarantining your corals is a good idea.

thegrun is offline   Reply With Quote