Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/21/2014, 01:48 PM   #1
jrozzi
Moved On

radion xr15 vs xr30

the xr30 will cover a 2ft x 2ft area I also see the xr15 will also cover 2ft x 2ft why should I spend 300 more dollars on the 30 vs the 15 if the coverage is the same? I realize the 30 has more LED's but coverage is coverage. right?

jrozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/21/2014, 03:03 PM   #2
EcoTech Marine
RC Sponsor

It all depends on your tank depth and what you're trying to keep. Both lights share the same optics but the XR30 essentially has twice the number of LED's behind those optics and therefore will put out more PAR over the same or similar coverage area.

An XR15 or multiple XR15's are best used on tanks that aren't too deep (20" or below, maybe 24" max in some circumstances) or on tanks that aren't keeping SPS.

If you tell me your water depth and what you plan to keep, I can help to make the best decision for your situation.

T

President
EcoTech Marine
www.ecotechmarine.com

If the above information doesn't help you, please contact us at 1-800-785-0338 ext. 2 or by e-mailing [email]support@ecotech
EcoTech Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/21/2014, 03:06 PM   #3
jrozzi
Moved On

thank you for your timely response, you have given me enough info to make a decision. Now that's some good customer service

jrozzi is offline   Reply With Quote