Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/14/2006, 12:20 AM   #1
piscivorous
Registered Member

Seems like I will need TWO tanks.....

The more I learn about this hobby and figuring out what can live with what, the more it is appearing as though I will need AT LEAST two tanks. An invert. tank and a fish tank. I seem to have a short list of interesting items that really can't live together. I love the soft corals, but I would also love to have a Majestic (Blue Girdled) Angelfish. I love the Feather Dusters and a key interest is also the giant clams (I've got to have at least two of them), but I also really like the Copperbanded Butterflyfish. I love the Percula clowns, but I also REALLY love the Volitans Lionfish. It is kind of looking like I'll have to setup my 55 gallon as my softie tank with clams, dusters, and the Perculas as the "main" fish, and down the road get a much larger tank for the other fish that require more room Volitans Lionfish, Majestic Angelfish, Hippo/Blue Tang etc. Of course even then, I'd probably be smarter either adding the Volitans in last, after everything else has grown significantly, or just simply having a tank for the Volitans by itself. Anyone else found themselves in this "landslide" effect??? I thought the 55 was a huge tank....now I can see myself going to something like a 180 down the road.

piscivorous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/14/2006, 12:28 AM   #2
xcreonx
Premium Member

Oh yeah. I need about 25 tanks: A seahorse / seagrass biotope, an anemone tank, a tidal zone mangrove / upside-down jellyfish tank, an aggressive fish tank, a high-flow SPS tank, etc, etc, etc, etc, .... it's a disease, really....

Current Tank Info: 90g shallow with H. Barbouri Seahorses
xcreonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/14/2006, 12:39 AM   #3
clkwrk
Registered Member

Yeah be careful Next thing it wil be another and another . Everytime I say I am taking a tank down another goes up . As a matter of fact another tank just went up yesterday Only 20g and conected to one of my other main systems but still another box o water and color.