Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Advanced Topics
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/26/2006, 08:32 PM   #1
dlongmore
Registered Member

help - sick blue linkia starfish

I was just at the LFS and they said here take this because it will die here if you don't. I did a search and am trying to find help that way and will continue doing so. But if someone know anything that might help a sick starfish please let me know. I am trying to acclimate him slowly. Maybe acclimation does not matter at this point since he sick. Maybe it would be better to just get him out of the water that was making him sick.

dlongmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/26/2006, 09:47 PM   #2
capncapo
Registered Member

I doubt that it was the water making it sick. It would more likely be the stress of shipping or handling, poor acclimation at the LFS or starvation.

MOST Linckia stars are already on their way out by the time you get them and the ones that aren't will usually starve to death within a years or so.

It is a very common occurance with MOSt stars not just Linckias.

Venture forth and enjoy life .... the only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.

Current Tank Info: Which one?
capncapo is offline   Reply With Quote